Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Chicken Cobb Salad

Chicken Cobb Salad
It's almost summer, so that means more salads! I swear it's the only time when I actually crave salads and can eat them without a grimace. This one is pretty darn good too. And filling. Until I realize I'm missing carbs. You see...I have a problem; if there aren't a lot of carbs in a meal, I'll believe I'm hungry until I eat a lot of carbs. But at least now I'm mixing in brown rice, red rice and black rice in with my Jasmine rice so it's healthier. :D

Anywho, this is an awesome salad. Definitely one of the staples we're going to have more often of.


Chicken Cobb Salad
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 medium avocados, diced
  • 1 341ml (12oz) can of corn niblets
  • 2 medium tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cup cooked black beans
  • 4 slices of bacon, diced
  • 2 romaine lettuce hearts, rinsed and chopped
  • 4 eggs, hard boil and diced/chopped
  • 4 green onion stalks, finely diced
  • 1/2 - 1 cup ranch dressing
  • Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Remove from pan to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
  2. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Brown in the skillet with the bacon fat. Cook for about 6-7 minutes each side until nicely browned on both sides and cooked through in the middle.
  3. Meanwhile, divide romaine lettuce into 4 large bowls (or plates). Divide avocados, corn, tomatoes, black beans and eggs and arrange on top of the lettuce, leaving space for the chicken.
  4. Once chicken is cooked, let it rest for 5 minutes before chopping into bite size pieces. Divide and add to the salad.
  5. Sprinkle the bacon bits and green onions on top of salad.
  6. Drizzle with ranch dressing and add salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Serve alone or with garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment