Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

Apple Cinnamon PancakesK love pancakes. So I made him some with grated apples. This way I can finish up my stash and feed him some more fruit. This is the easiest pancake recipe ever. It's not that fluffy, so it's not Hubby's fave, but it's awesome when I'm too lazy to look for my usual fluffy blueberry pancakes recipe (although if you do replace the blueberries with shredded apple in the blueberry pancakes recipe, it's the best pancakes I've ever had. No joke). ;)

I find that when everything is at room temperature, I don't end up burning the pancakes before they're cooked. And that's always been an issue with me and most pancake recipes. Either that or it'll take forever to cook over a medium low heat. -_-


Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 1 egg, room temperature & lightly beaten
  • 1 medium apple, grated
  • Butter or canola oil for greasing pan

Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. 
  2. Pour in milk, egg and mix until combined.
  3. Stir in grated apple. 
  4. Heat up a nonstick pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with butter or canola oil. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook until edges look dry and bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook the other side. 
  5. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly coating the pan with butter or oil between each pancake. 
  6. Serve with maple syrup and coffee or milk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment