Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

French Toast

French Toast
Healthy French toast? HAH! I suppose it could happen. I use my Silver Hills bread for it, even though I drench the whole thing in maple syrup. Does that count? ;)

Seriously though, brioche or Challah bread is the best when it comes to making french toast. I didn't plan on making it, so I didn't buy any. That's okay. I had way too much sliced bread anyway.

Usually when I'm using sliced sandwich bread, I'll be able to make 10 pieces of French toast. Otherwise, it's only 8 pieces.


French Toast
(serves 4-5)

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 Tbsps honey
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • A pinch of salt
  • 8 slices 1 inch thick brioche/Challah bread or 10 slices sandwich bread
  • 4-5 Tbsps butter, divided
  • Maple Syrup

Directions:
  1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with honey, cinnamon and salt. Stir in milk.
  2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
  3. While butter is melting, dip 2 slices of bread into the custard mixture. Let excess drip off and lay them on skillet to cook. Once brown, flip over to cook the other side. Repeat with remaining slices of bread. 
  4. Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, honey, fruit compote, powdered sugar, flavoured butter, Nutella, whipped cream, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment