Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Egg on Fish

Egg on Fish
Haha. I didn't notice it at first, but if you look at the picture closely, you can see a smiley face with a tongue (the fish) sticking out! How creepy...

So, did I mention that I bought a lot of snapper from Costco? I think this'll be the last time I do that. I always seem to forget that we just don't eat enough fish to validate buying it from there. Normally I'd freeze excess food, but with fish, there's no freezing! After it defrosts, it's so darn fishy that we can't even eat it. Ai..when will I learn? =\


Egg on Fish
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 small snapper filet
  • Salt & pepper, to taste
  • 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil, divided

Directions:
  1. In a small skillet, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in over medium low heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Let it cook slowly. If you're in a rush, cover with a lid to cook faster (which is what I did. Hence the whitish film over the yolk).
  2. Meanwhile, heat up the remaining olive oil over medium high heat in another pan. Season both sides of the snapper filet with salt and pepper. Pan fry the filet until golden brown on one side. Gently flip filet over to cook other side. Add in tomato halves. Cook the fish with the tomatoes until fish is cooked through. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
  3. Transfer fish onto a plate, top with fried egg & tomatoes.
  4. Serve with toast or hash browns and coffee or milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment