Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Cheesy Mashed Potatoes

Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
A few years back, I was on this diet where I couldn't have any butter or oils (except for virgin olive oil), among other things...But I wanted mashed potatoes. So instead of adding butter and milk, I added cheese. It was a good idea.

I hadn't made it again since then. But I thought I'd try that diet again. So here we go...Cheesy Mashed Potatoes that even K and Hubby will devour. :)


Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
(serves 3-4)

Ingredients:
  • 3 large russet potatoes, cubed
  • 1 cup cheddar/marbled cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 cup hot milk
  • Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain water.
  2. Add hot milk and cheese to the drained potatoes. Mash with potato masher. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Serve with veggies and grilled meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment