Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Breakfast BEgglewich

Breakfast BEgglewich
As I had mentioned last week, breakfast sandwiches are one of my FAVES. If I'm going to put bacon in my sandwiches, I will usually opt for the breakfast sausage patty instead. Not this sandwich though. I'm perfectly happy to stick bacon in here instead. It is so friggin' YUMMY! Which is awesome since then I don't have to make the breakfast sausages and can just nuke readymade bacon strips that I always have on hand. Quick and super filling breakfast? I think so! In fact, I actually made this on a weekday morning earlier this month and still managed to get to work on time. Score! :D

I wouldn't add the spinach if you're not going to eat it right away though. It has a kind of grassy flavour if you wrap up the sandwich to eat a couple of hours later or so. I'm okay with it since everything else will overpower it but if you're sensitive to "grass" tastes then I'd be cautious.


Breakfast BEgglewich
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
  • 2 jalapeno and cheddar bagels (or any bagel you want), toasted and halved
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 small handfuls of baby spinach
  • 5 strips readymade bacon
  • 2 cheese slices (processed or cheddar or whatever you want)
  • Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. In a small skillet, warm up oil over medium low heat. Pour beaten eggs into the skillet. Move the skillet around to evenly distribute all the egg. Season with salt and pepper. Once the egg is almost all cooked, flip to cook the rest of the egg so that you get a round plain egg omelette. Split the omelette in 2 so that you have 2 half circles. Fold that in half with your spatula.
  2. To assemble, layer a small handful of baby spinach on the bottom of the toasted bagel. Top with egg, then cheese slice. Break the bacon strips in half and lay 3 half-strips on top of the cheese, then add 2 more crosswise. Top with the top of the bagel.
  3. Serve with coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment