Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Eggnog Panettone Bread Pudding

Eggnog Panettone Bread Pudding
I've always had a distaste for raisins in my food. I don't know why. I don't mind them when I eat them separately. I just don't like them in my food. It feels weird. But then I had some Afghan rice at some vegan restaurant and it was so yummy. Mind you, it's rice, so I'll almost always think it's the most amazing thing I put in my mouth. Rofl. Seriously though, I started thinking that maybe it's not so bad.

This Xmas we had Panettone bread and I've realized that I don't like eggnog that much by itself. Shocking. Kinda but not really. I've always mixed my eggnog with milk because I found it too sweet. In any case, so we had extra of both, so I made bread pudding. K loves it. I put it in his lunch for daycare and he ate all of it. Sweet. (Almost) Nothing makes me happier than when I see him polishing off food I make. :)


Eggnog Panettone Bread Pudding
(serves 6-9)

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb panettone, cubed
  • 2 cups eggnog
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 8" x 8" pan. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggnog, eggs, sugar and cinnamon. Toss in panattone, raisins and cranberries, making sure the bread is soaking up all the custard.
  3. Pour into the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the middle is set.
  4. Cut into squares and serve with ice cream and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment