Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Oatmeal

Christmas Oatmeal
I gotta call this my Christmas oatmeal. Simply because eggnog is only sold in our stores in December. I know I can probably just make my own, but there's something nice about only being able to get something once a year. It makes it more special. Plus the last time I tried making eggnog, it was pretty darn nasty. Albeit I was only 12 but still....


Christmas Oatmeal
(makes 1 1/2 cups)

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cups quick cooking oats
  • 2 cups eggnog (or 1 cup each of whole milk and eggnog)
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 pinch of salt

Directions:
  1. Bring eggnog and cranberries to a gentle boil over medium heat. Be careful because it'll bubble over very quickly.
  2. Stir in oats and a half pinch of salt. Cook until oatmeal thickens to desired consistency, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Serve with milk or diluted juice. 

I found this to be pretty sweet (almost like a dessert), so if you want, just use half whole milk and half eggnog for the little ones. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment