Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Boxed Dressing with a Twist

Boxed Dressing with a Twist
My grandma is very cute. She's super conscious of her weight, even though she's so thin the wind could probably blow her away. It's not like I try to fatten her up, but every time I make anything fattening, she'll just love it. I won't tell her what I used to make it taste so good but she'll always love it and eat "lots" of it. She doesn't eat very much and eats well, so I don't worry when she eats all the "bad" stuff once in a while.

I was tired and starting to get sick over Xmas so I didn't do my usual shopping trip required for a big Xmas dinner. Luckily, we do it potluck style where everyone brings a little bit of something. Maybe not so luckily since we had lots of leftovers. ANYWAY.........I didn't buy some things to make a "proper" stuffing/dressing, so I just used box. I needed to make it with a twist since plain old box stuffing is so bleh. Hence this little concoction. Tada! :P


Boxed Dressing with a Twist
(serves 8-10)

Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. In a medium pot, brown pork with the 2 seasoning packets. Stir in onions. Cook until translucent. 
  3. Add in dried cranberries, the 2 bread packets and water. Stir until the bread is moist, everything is mixed well and heated through. Add more water if needed.
  4. Transfer dressing to a 8" x 8" pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is crispy and golden. If you want a soft dressing, don't bake it. Just cover the pot and let it stand for 5 minutes or so. Stir to fluff up and then serve.
  5. Serve with ham, turkey, pork chops, etc., and soup or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment