Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Peanut Butter & Banana Dog Biscuits

Peanut Butter & Banana Dog Biscuits
First time making dog biscuits and it was a roaring success! M really loved these. I think she loves them more than her Greenies. Sweet! Some of the pups at work really like them too so that's definitely good.

Since having K, I've actually enjoyed baking. And since I've been baking for humans, I thought I'd try my hand at baking for pups. I like it. Maybe I'll make different kinds of biscuits next time. :)

M is a pretty small dog, so I shared most of her goodies away with friends' and neighbours' dogs.

You can probably turn dough onto a floured surface, but I'm a freak and like everything neat. That being said, I just roll it out onto wax paper to keep flour from getting everywhere. Lol.


Peanut Butter & Banana Dog Biscuits
(makes about a pound of biscuits)

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
  • 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour, more if needed
  • 1/2 cup wheat germ
  • Olive oil (optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 300F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. Stir together the egg, peanut butter and banana in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. 
  3. Stir in the flour and wheat germ and mix well. Dough should smooth and elastic. If dough is sticky, just add a touch more flour. If dough is crumbly and not holding together, then add a little bit of olive oil.
  4. Place smooth dough onto wax paper and roll to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter, place on parchment lined baking sheets.
  5. Bake biscuits in preheated oven until dried and golden brown, about 30 minutes, depending on size. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
  6. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment