Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Sticky Sweet & Sour Chicken

Sticky Sweet & Sour Chicken
I love sweet and sour pork whenever we go out to Chinese restaurants. Either that or the Peking Style Pork Chops. They're similar but different. K loves the pineapples int he sweet and sour pork dish and I love the meat. I wanted to make it at home, but without the deep frying, since I don't do that at home.

I haven't a clue where I got this recipe. I was just flipping through one of my older notebooks when I came across this one. It is indeed sticky and saucy.


Sticky Sweet & Sour Chicken
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1-2 bell peppers, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup white vinegar
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 Tbsps soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsps cornstarch
  • 1 Tbsp canola oil

Directions:
  1. In a bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, water, ketchup, soy sauce and cornstarch. Mix until cornstarch has dissolved. Set aside. 
  2. In a wok or large pan, heat up oil on medium high heat. Brown chicken until opaque. Stir in peppers, onions and garlic. Cook until onions just get soft.
  3. Add the mixed sauce. Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. 
  4. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment