Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Beef Lettuce Wrap

Beef Lettuce Wrap
I love lettuce wraps. They can be a little messy but I always feel like I'm eating healthier when I have them. And it's so refreshing in the summer. :)

It's probably easier to eat when using butter lettuce but green is so much easier for me to find, so I use that instead. You can also add mushrooms or bell peppers in the filling too. I just didn't have all that on hand, so it was more plain this time.


Beef Lettuce Wrap
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 - 1 lb extra lean ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, finely diced
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
  • Salt & pepper, to taste
  • 1 head of green lettuce, separated and dried
  • Cilantro (optional)
  • Sriracha (optional)

Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef on medium high heat. Season with cumin, salt & pepper. Drain off excess grease.
  2. Stir in onions. Cook until onions are translucent. Stir in the Hoisin sauce. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
  3. To serve, spoon meat filling into the lettuce cups, add a little cilantro and a squirt or so of Sriracha.

No comments:

Post a Comment