Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Chicken Stew

Chicken StewI love the Sage & Bay Salt seasoning. I have it always in stock in my cabinets ready for when I make some sort of chicken soup/roast dish. I used it for chicken stew and it tasted so yummy. I only had a few spoonfuls but they were darn good spoonfuls. :)

I suppose I could've put some potatoes in there. I probably will next time, but this time we WERE going to have some potatoes on the side, so I didn't put any in there. Meh. It'll make a hearty meal with the potatoes I think.


Chicken Stew
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 2 medium carrots, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tsps Sage & Bay Salt
  • 3 1/2 cups water, divided
  • 2 Tbsps whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)

Directions:
  1. Throw everything except for 1/2 cup of water and flour into the Instant Pot. Press the "Poultry" button and wait until the stew is done cooking - about half hour.
  2. In a small bowl, mix the 1/2 cup of water with flour and whisk until smooth to make the flour slurry.
  3. When everything is done, whisk the flour slurry into the stew. Press the "Saute" button and simmer for 15 minutes or so until the stew thickens.
  4. Serve hot. It's even better if you serve it the next day or a few hours afterwards and reheat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment