Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Paprika Beef Stew

I'm trying to empty out my freezer of meat! I tend to go on this kind of purge every once in a while. It's good for the freezer, I think. It also means that I'm going to go to Costco pretty soon to restock. Oh how I love that. I don't really care for all the prep work that goes into it, but it saves money and I can just defrost whatever I want to cook later that night in the morning. Yeah, it's bad to leave meat out in the sink to defrost so I don't recommend it. Even if that's how everyone I know does it. But as per safety guidelines, just defrost in the fridge please? >_>

This time it's another sort of beef stew. Yay. It's super easy and it's an Instant Pot recipe! :D

I probably should've added some cornstarch or flour towards the end to thicken up the sauce but I was too hungry to bother. That being said, don't mind the red liquid sloshing all over the mashed potatoes. :)

You can use any beef cut honestly. I just used sirloin tip roast cuz that's what was on sale when I got it at the store. But I like to go for the fattier cuts. They're WAY more flavourful. Yup, I'm that kind of cook - fat = flavour! :O


Paprika Beef Stew
(serves 6)

Ingredients:
  • 3 lbs sirloin tip roast, cubed
  • 3 medium carrots, chopped
  • 2 small onions, chopped
  • 3 Tbsps paprika
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 2 tsps garlic salt
  • 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 cup water

Directions:
  1. Throw everything into the Instant Pot. Mix well. Cover and press the Meat/Stew button. Press the "+" button until the screen says 50. Wait for machine to start. 
  2. Read a book or watch some TV while dinner cooks. It should be done in about an hour and half. 
  3. Serve with a side of creamy mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment