Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Omelette Pie

Whole Omelette PieNot much to say. I got the idea from here and added to it. But I forgot to add cheese. Whoops. Like I said before, I really need to be more organized and get my mise en place all ready before I start cooking/assembling things. It still tasted awesome. Hubby thinks cheese really rounds it out though, so I'll have to remember it next time.

I'm sorry, but I just can't make it look as pretty as it was from the original recipe. Did I say that I was also in a rush? And I'm just not that artsy. Very homey indeed, right? Lol. Oh man...


Omelette Pie
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 1 can crescent rolls
  • 4 large eggs, light beaten
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 cup white mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 Tbsp bacon grease or extra virgin olive oil, divided
  • 1/2 cup homemade bacon bits (so easy and tastes way better)
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste

Omelette Pie Slice
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. In a large frying pan, sauté mushrooms and bell pepper in 1 Tbsp of bacon grease or extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop out and set aside.
  3. Heat the remaining bacon grease and scramble eggs.
  4. Lay out crescents on a parchment lined pizza pan in a star formation (the longer sides of each crescent on the inside with the pointed ends pointing out.)
  5. Layer with scrambled eggs, then veggies, then cheese, and then sprinkle on the bacon bits.
  6. Fold the pointed ends to the center.
  7. Place in oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
  8. Slice into quarters with a side salad and soup to make it into a meal for 4.

I was rushing, so Hubby and I just had that for dinner. We each had half of the pie and it was yummy and filling with a huge glass of milk each. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment